Dr. Daryoush Allaei
Dr. Daryoush Allaei has over 25 years of research, development and business experience. Dr. Allaei has provided technical innovation and business leadership over 15 years of funded research and development, which led to several technological and product breakthroughs. Dr. Allaei‘s technical expertise is in dynamics systems with emphasis on vibration and noise control.
Since 1992, Dr. Allaei has founded and co-founded six companies. He currently serves as the Chairman and Director of Research and Development of QRDc, Inc. in Minnesota.
His engineering and scientific accomplishments include:
- Over 85 national and international publications
- Numerous speaker invitations at conferences and workshops
- Chair positions at several conference sessions
- 15 USA patents
- Nine international patents
Dr. Allaei received his Ph.D., MSME and BSME degrees from Purdue University in the field of mechanics with his doctoral emphasis on Systems and Structural Dynamics. He also taught as an adjunct professor at the University of Mississippi, Minnesota State University-Mankato and Iowa State University.
- Minnesota Small Business Development Center (MSBDC)
- Minnesota Project Innovation (MPI)
- Junior Achievement of the Upper Midwest (JAUM)
- Minnesota International Center (MIC)
- Allaei has served on the board of directors of several commercial companies in Minnesota
- Member of the ASME, AIAA, SME and SAE
- Registered Professional Engineer and Certified Manufacturing Engineer
- Minnesota Cup in 2010
- R&D-100 in 2010 (nominated)
- R&D-100 in 2004
- The Smart Structures & Materials Product Implementation Award in 2002
- Tibbetts Award in 2002
- Over 10 technology awards and grants totaling about $8 million from the U.S. government.
Recipient of The Technology of the Year Award in 2000