Mark P. Borman
With more than 30 years of broad—based financial and investor relations experience,
Mark P. Borman joins SheerWind, Inc. as CFO and Advisory Board member. Borman has helped companies achieve strategic growth, profitability, cash—flow, capital—raising, and valuation goals. His passion for growing technology companies ranges from startup, private equity, IPO to publicly traded companies. He has a reputation of good corporate governance and credibility with investors. Borman raised $7.5 billion in four IPOs and eight other offerings to finance rapid growth and strategic transformations through a leveraged buyout to liquidity events and numerous acquisitions.
Borman brings the best of small—company entrepreneurial passion and larger—company disciplines. In addition to the valuable experience he gained working with entrepreneurs and their startups in 2009 to present, Borman has experience with global, NASDAQ— and NYSE—listed companies in various executive and financial roles. He served as Corporate Officer, Treasurer and Vice President of Investor Relations with ADC Telecommunications. During his career, Borman has held positions with General Instrument Corporation, First Chicago Corporation, FMC Corporation, Price Waterhouse, and KPMG. Mr. Borman received his MBA in finance from the University of Chicago and his bachelor’s degree in accounting from Michigan State. He is a Certified Public Accountant and Chartered Financial Analyst and has experience as an advisor, board member, faculty, speaker, and mentor.
Memberships and Additional Experience:
- Board of Directors — Audit Committee Chair (2010—Present), and CFO (2009), Chair — Special Committee of the Non—Management Directors (2010), Member — Audit and Governance Committee (2009—Present), Bioheart, a publicly traded biotech startup with a cardiovascular stem— cell therapy.
- Chair — Mentor Committee and Member — Operating / Organizers Committee, Cleantech Open — North Central Region (2009—Present), the nation’s largest clean technology business competition and entrepreneur incubator.
- Board of Directors — Finance Committee (2005—Present) and Chair — Access Site Task Force (2010—Present), MacPhail Center for Music, one of the nation’s largest and most respected community music schools.
- Member of National Association of Corporate Directors.
- Qualified Financial Expert under SEC rules.
- Adjunct Faculty, University of St. Thomas, Developed and taught MBA courses: “Strategic Shareowner Value Management” (2003) and “Strategic Investor Relations” (2005) on best practices.
- Won numerous awards for investor relations performance and communications, including Better Investing’s National Winner for ADC’s annual report (2005), CFO Excellence Award for managing external stakeholders (1999), named among best investor relations officers in Institutional Investor’s survey of its All—America Research Team (1995), and many other recognitions.