Army National Guard-Michigan Update October 2016
Army National Guard-Michigan Update April 2016
Army National Guard-Michigan Aerial Tour April 2016
Michigan Army National Guard Update January 2016
The preliminary data from the project have positive results.
In the cold of December, our team was busy placing anemometers (to measure wind speeds) in and around the INVELOX system in Michigan. This is no easy task as the cold and ice made it a challenge even for our tough midwestern team.
Data 103P Collection: Dec. 17-Dec 27
Preliminary Summary of Data Analysis
1) Based on the initial 10-day data and preliminary analysis of the data, when the free speed wind and INVELOX wind speeds were compared, it was shown that the INVELOX system has the capability of increasing the free wind speed by as much as 4 to 12 times (or 300% to 1100%).
2) INVELOX can increase free wind speed from all wind directions.
3) By increasing free wind speed by 300% to 1100% inside the INVELOX, the system has the potential of increasing the power output for the same size rotor by 64 to 1728 times.
4) Increased free wind speed inside the INVELOX results in increasing the capacity factor to more than 70% annual energy production.
With a few weather-related setbacks, we are pleased with the initial findings. More to come as the technical team continues to collect and analyze data.
December 13, 2015. The structure is complete on schedule! Installation of wind speed and turbine monitoring systems now underway, three turbines installed, electrical systems/controllers under assembly and testing. View more: facebook.com/sheerwind
SheerWind 2015-Projects: High Capacity Factor INVELOX
Customer or Collaborator: The Army National Guard in MI- Fort Custer
Purpose: Providing wind power for the camp -1
Funding: Provided by ANG-MI
Location: Site 1, Fort Custer, MI
Initial Installation: 3-stage project: 1-design completed, 2-production/construction 3-turbine installation and deployment
Complete Installation: Q2 2016
Outcome: First 200kW of wind power for ANG, upgradable to 500kW
Average wind speeds: 3.7 (NOTE: traditional turbines are not viable at these average wind speeds)
• Hub Height = 22 m
• Total Height = 30 m
• Total Length = 70 m
• Intake D = 8.2 m
• Concentrator D = 8 m
• Venturi D = 3 m
• Diffuser D = 11 m
• SR = 8
• Ground-based Applications
• Industrial Parks
• Sustainable Cities
• Mining Plants
• Processing Plants
• Manufacturing Plants
• Fossil Fuel-based Power Plants
• Oil Refineries
• Chemical Plants
• Medical Facilities